Fraud Prevention Center - Top 5 Security Tips
1. Keep personally identifiable information (i.e. social security number, account numbers) safe and review your credit bureau report annually.
Click here to obtain your free credit report.
2. Shred sensitive documents you don't need and clean out your purse/wallet of these items.
3. Don't assume a "guaranteed check" (bank check, postal money order, etc.) you receive through the mail is legitimate, especially if you receive instructions to return some of the funds via Western Union, wire transfer or Moneygram.
4. Don't write your PIN number on or near your ATM or Visa Debit Card. Don't give your ATM or Visa Debit card and its PIN to a friend or relative to perform withdrawals for you.
5. Ensure any computer that you use for sensitive transactions (i. e. online banking, Bill Pay, storing private files) is kept up to date with operating system, web browser and anti-virus patches as well as protected with a firewall.
Back to Fraud Prevention Center Home